The next time most of you see us, we will be parents. Future Dad and I got the call this morning that our bonding period is set to being MONDAY! That is right....THIS Monday! We need to be there a few days early, so we are flying out Friday morning!
By this time next week, we will have met our children!
We feel so blessed.
Here is what we have learned:
- We will be in Poland on Saturday.
- The original court date happened without us. At that date they determined our bonding period.
- We will begin our bonding period on Monday and it ends October 30th.
- The first few days, we will stay in the foster home with our kids. We will get to know their routine and maybe get to go to their school.
- We will then go stay in an fabulous apartment in their town. The apartment is available for 2 of the 3 weeks. We will have the freedom to go where we want in the town. They will be in our custody, but not yet our children.
- We will go stay in a hotel the last week of our bonding time.
- We then go to court and get the official adoption decree.
- There is a 2 - 4 week appeal period. At the end of the appeal period, they are OUR CHILDREN! We will hopefully be back in Warsaw at this point.
- There is another 2-4 weeks of paperwork chasing, then we can come home!
The timeline is looking at more of a 6-8 week time period instead of 4-6 weeks.
We are thrilled. We have lots to do, but nothing is impossible with our God!
Here are some sweet pictures from our shower: These are prayer blankets. Our friends prayed as they tied the layers together. Aren't they perfect?
Here is Mimi Prather praying for her sweet grandson!
These were the ladies who organized our rock star celebration!
Look at this mountain!
Here are some pictures from the shower with my sweet co-workers at the school!
There are 6 hearts on the cake! The first and last heart are where we will begin and end our journey! From Huntsville to Zglorgelec!
These blocks have written blessings and advice on them...
Don't tell our little girl about the sand/water table... she is getting it for her birthday in March :-D
We feel so blessed! Thanks for all the love and support. Perhaps when we update next, we will be with our children.