Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Growing weary of waiting

 Update on the list...and life
Here is the latest update: also, I'll be adding pictures tomorrow. Right now I'm updating from my iPad and the pictures are on the other computer. Also, tomorrow I have to give the iPad back to school because it belongs to them.


1. Get referral from NAC.
2. Mail off for immigration/visa approval. 
3. Wait 4-6 weeks for approval. 
4. *Buy a bigger vehicle.
5. Send visa approval to the National Visa Center. 
6. *Set up 2 bedrooms.   * new beds are in and made... Sheets are on the beds!
7. The NVC will send visa approval to the U.S. Embassy in Poland. 
8. The U.S. Embassy writes a letter called the Article 5. *new
9. The Article 5 gets picked up by Sasha (our in country facilitator) and taken to the NAC.
10. *Future Dad builds dining room table and bench to seat everyone. *the top is together, sanded and the edges are finished! Next step is oiling the top and sealing it... Then skirt and legs!
11. We get Court date/travel date.  *new Still waiting for the judge in Poland to get us on the docket!

12. TRAVEL!

Since the last time I blogged, several things of note have happened....

1. Our AMAZING church threw us the most amazing and generous shower Adoption celebration. 
2. My friends organized a house blessing and several wonderful friends joined us at our house to pray over our kids rooms.
3. My teacher friends / school colleagues threw us a shower to stock our school room and play room. Again, these people were so generous!
4. They told our kids that they are getting adopted. Their gift is on the way.
5. We bought and installed car seats in both cars. 
6. God sent a lady who graduated from Gallaudet to take my job the rest of this school year. Praise him. Tomorrow is my last day.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and think this is the most wonderful thing a person can do. You and Nathan are going to be wonderful and amazing parents and these 4 children are very lucky to have you both. My prayers are with you all. And remember when things get tough the tough get going. God is in control. Love you much. Connie Jones

    ReplyDelete