Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

Heartbroken

This week, Russia banned all American adoptions.

My heart is broken for all the families called to adopt these precious children locked in baby houses/warehouses, that must now wait.

My heart is broken for families that have already met their children and promised those sweet babies a home, and now, they must wait.

My heart is broken for these babies that have families that told them they were loved and would have a home, and now, they must wait.

My heart is broken for the babies that had no families promised, but were waiting for their forever home, and now, they must wait longer.

My heart is broken for these politicians, who think they are doing the right thing, but are unintentionally breaking hearts and lives.

My heart is broken for Russia. My heart is broken for orphans. My heart is broken. 

To read more about Russia's ban, read this blog entry of a family who just brought home a 10 year old girl and an infant son or this prayer from a blog of a mom and dad who just brought home their toddler son.

No comments:

Post a Comment