Search This Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

Todd's Last Journey

Yesterday was our last day with Todd the Toyota. Todd was my gift from precious my mom and dad when I graduated from college. We bought the highlander with 13 miles on it. I have driven it to such fun places... Pittsburgh, the beach, Villa Rica, Nashville, Columbia, and Birmingham. I've loved him. He has loved me.

This post chronicles his last few hours with me...

 After waking up early and going to work, we took one last spin through the car wash together.

 Here we are getting rinsed...
 One last minute wipe before being dried off.
 We stopped off at the MED Express for a little snack.
 Getting filled up for the last time with me... :-(
 Here is how I left him. 

 One final hug. Goodbye Todd. I hope you have a nice life with your new nice family. You are a great car.

Moment of silence for Todd the Toyota.






The back story... I was talking at a church event about the need for a bigger car for our growing family. I mentioned how much I liked the Honda Odysseys and the Toyota Siennas. I also mentioned needing to sell my 5 seater Hylander. A few days later, a lady in that group messaged me and asked details about my Hylander. Turns out they were valued at about the same amount. SO>>> WE TRADED! 

Praise God. His plans are so much better than mine. My plan involved selling Todd on the private market, then looking for a used van, haggling, negotiating and then buying said van.
God's plan: trade with Becky. Her youngest just started at Auburn, my youngest is in a car seat. See... so much better.












HELLO BIG FAMILY!

First hug.
Meet the newest member of our family. (No worries folks, the Auburn sticker has been removed.)
She is a Honda Odyssey. She is beautiful. 8 seats and lost of room for junk in the trunk!

Now, the newest problem... What is her name?



P.S. Update on the list...

1. Get referral from NAC.
2. Mail off for immigration/visa approval. 
3. Wait 4-6 weeks for approval. 
4. *Buy a bigger vehicle.*new
5. Send visa approval to the National Visa Center. 
6. *Set up 2 bedrooms. * paint is done!
7. The NVC will send visa approval to the U.S. Embassy in Poland. 
8. The U.S. Embassy writes a letter called the Article 5. *new
9. The Article 5 gets picked up by Sasha (our in country facilitator) and taken to the NAC.

11.* Future Dad builds dining room table and bench to seat everyone. *biscuit joints are cut, needing glued.
12. Court is held without us.   *new THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN! We go to the first court date.
10./13. The NAC schedules a court date. #10 is now 10/13 We get Court date/travel date.  *new Just waiting for the judge in Poland to get us on the docket!
14. TRAVEL!

2 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEE!! What a happy surprise blessing! I am rejoicing with you that God is faithful in the details! And look how short your list is now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Aaron Laster. I am friends with Robin and Aaron. I enjoy reading your blog. Congrats on your van. Becky would be a good van name.

    ReplyDelete