Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Created for Care

Our youth minister and his wife have adopted domestically and they recently sat down with us to talk about their process. We are grateful supportive friends who will walk this journey with us.
Hope told me about this conference she was going to. She stayed up really late back in August to register for this weekend and the entire conference was booked in 2 hours. I looked it up, realized it was something I wanted to experience and signed up for the waiting list on wing and a prayer. You should note that I signed up 19 days before the January conference. I also signed up for the March conference wait list as well.
8 days later, I got an email from the ladies at Created for Care saying that they had an opening and if I wanted to come, I had to decide quickly and register. I was in Nashville for a girls weekend and frantically called home to ask Future Dad if I could be gone 3 weekends in a row. Nashville, DNOW, and now Created for Care. I could not have married a more supportive man. Love him!

Well, the weekend is here and I am in Lake Lanier, Georgia with 350 adoptive moms spending a weekend resting.

Rest....

Being with people who are walking this journey...

Being with moms....

I'm a mom...

Mom...

P.S. I'm fighting a bad cold... prayers for relief.

1 comment:

  1. So grateful God worked this out for you! Praying for relief from cold symptoms and a wonderful weekend with other moms!

    ReplyDelete